Update (July 2016): I have been overwhelmed and so grateful for the many people who have wanted to share their words with me, but due to some significant scheduling pressures am unable to accept any more unsolicited guest posts at this time. Thanks for understanding!
I would love you (yes, you!) to share your story on my blog. In particular, I’d like to invite you to be part of the “words that changed my world” series. Tell us a story of something someone said which changed your course, deepened your understanding, made you think something or try something new.
I love hearing stories like that: they don’t need to have a conclusion or a deep profound insight – but they are part of the fun that makes our histories unique. In particular, I love the idea that our words shape others’ lives in ways they may never really be aware of. I love that God uses little conversational prompts to steer us, help us, wow us.
Can you think of a story like that you have to share? And would you be willing to share it? If so, please read below for my guest story-sharing guidelines.
- Submissions should be between 400-800 words.
- Your tone should strive to be conversational, authentic and warm. Tell me a story you would tell me over coffee.
- Tell a positive story: I know the words of others can sometimes also have a very negative impact on us, but this particular series is about words which brought good into our lives.
- I reserve the right to edit submissions to enhance clarity and readability without taking away from your voice or intended meaning. I would prefer original content, but if you would like to submit a favorite that fits the words-that-changed-my-world theme, I will review and consider it. Please feel free to link a small part on your blog the day it goes live.
- A short (40-50 word) bio to introduce yourself
- All relevant links to your blog, Twitter, etc.
- A picture of yourself, and
- A picture related to your story that will post with your submission. (Please send an original picture, or a properly attributed pic which is legal for you to use because you have received a license to use it or it is a creative commons photo. We don’t want to get into trouble with the copyright police and all that.)
Please send your submission in the body of an email to bronwynlea (at) gmail (dot) com with “Guest Post” in the subject line. Please do not send your submission as an attachment: there be dragons.
Once I receive your story, I will contact you within 2 weeks and let you know if I plan to share your piece. I look forward to reading your stories!
(P.S.: I got my guest post guidance from my life coachy friend Sarah. Stop by and check her out. She likes guests too.)